At first glance this topic looks awkward because everybody knows that google search how to do proper search result, most use it in their day to day life like to search for medical related query, education related query, financial related query, job related query, to find particular type of file(.pdf,.ppt etc), etc. But if we do not know google search how to do proper search result, then we don’t get proper search result of the particular query because there are billions of web pages in the Google database and which one is perfect for you that cannot be traced from your complex or non proper query. For that here we have some tips and tricks for the Google search Query in this article for better search result because it saves time. Hope you enjoy this.
Searching Techniques for Google Search:
1) Simple and Short Query to get proper result on Google Search:
Suppose you want to find the prime minister of India. Then you do not need to type “who is the prime minister of India”, instead you have to type simple “prime minster of India”. Both of the above stated queries give same result that I have depicted below.
Query:- “who is the prime minister of India”
Query:- “prime minister of india”
So try to make your Google Search Query as simple as possible.
2) Suppose you want to find sunrise and sunset time of the particular city then you have type as follows:
A) For sunrise, just type sunrise cityname/pincode for example.by using city name[sunrise delhi] , by using pincode [sunset 360035]
B) For sunset, just type sunset cityname/pincode for example. By using city name[sunset delhi],by using pincode[sunset 360035]
3) If you want to search specific content from the specific website then you have to type search query as follows:
[Site:website name keyword]
Suppose you want to search “ISRO” related content from the website then just type “Site: www.ttitrends.com ISRO” and it gives exact that page.
4) Search for specific range to get proper result on google search:
If you want to search for specific range, then you have to type as follows.
[Product name first number of the range..last number of the range.]
For example: laptop 20000..30000
5) File type search to get proper search result on google search:
If you want to search for the specific file then you have to use file type search. Now a day this type of search is very useful for students. They can get free PDF (portable document format) books available on the internet by using specific PDF search. How to query for the particular type of file that I have explained below?
[filetype: type otherwords]
Example:- [filetype:pdf php books]
6) Search for the specific type of file from the specific website:
In the above discussion we have seen how to search for the specific file. But here we will see how to search for the specific file from the specific website. the query format for that I have written below.
[Site: name of the website filetype: type of the file otherwords]
For example: site:gtu.ac.in filetype:pdf 5th sem syllabus
7) You can use Google as calculator:
Type 5+3 in the search box of the Google and wait for the search result
8) You can use Google as convertor:
A) To convert currency do as follow. Con source currency to destination currency. For example: con dollar to inr
B) To convert one unit to another unit do as follow. Con one unit to another unit. For example: To convert one meter to centimiter type as follow. “con m to cm”
9) Google also provides image search facility:
To do image search on Google you have to perform following steps.
- First of all open google.com
- Click on the images link from the right corner near to sign in link
- Now you are on image search of the Google and you have to click on the magnificent glass in the search box if camera symbol does not appear in the search box.
- Now click on the camera symbol and you will get two navigation things one is image from the particular url i.e. you can search similar images by giving url of the particular image. In the upload section you have to load images from your computer.
- Enter the URL or upload the image and hit the Enter.
- After processing your query Google will give below result.