Ransomware Cyber Threat – Steps to Secure your System A computer threat is a one type of software program which has the power, ability, potential to damage the computer system. It is developed by the attacker after finding the vulnerability of the particular computer i.e. operating system or application. So obviously question may arise in your mind that how an attacker finds the vulnerability of system. Here i have the answer about how to protect computer from security threat.
There are so many websites and online web portals provide details of the vulnerability the particular operating system, application etc. Some of them listed below:
That’s why developer always release new update for the operating system as soon as they find the solution of the vulnerabilities. So always try to make your application or operating system up to date. Now come back to the point.
Different types of Computer Threat How to Protect Computer from Security Threat?
- Sql Injection
- Fake AV
- Boot Sector Virus
- Browser Hijacker
- Chain Letters
- Virus Document
- Obfuscated spam
How would you know that is your Computer at Risk?
There are some symptoms which i have listed below:
- Unnecessary high cpu usage which you can see from the task manager of the particular operating system.
- Unnecessary background process
- When computer takes more startup/shutdown time.
- Automatically browser window pop-up.
- Some files are not allowed to run on the computer.
- Your default programs have been changed.
- You are not able to access control panel, registry editor, task manager, registry editor, command prompt.
- When you login to your computer, your explorer.exe does not start.
- When your operating system crashes frequently.
- When your hard drive space increasing unnecessary even if you have not stored that much datab.
- When new toolbar, new extension automatically install in your browser.
- When unwanted website opens automatically without your intervention in your browser.
- When your antivirus automatically disabled.
- Can not connect to the internet even if you have installed network driver, plugged in cable.
- When computer font has changed.
Point to do Protect Computer / Laptop / Desktop from security threat:
- Use best antivirus/anti-malware Software and make up to date it.
- Do not download from malicious websites. Do not prefer download from that website which first download its software to download the application.
- Do not open unknown email. Use spam and filter property of the email provider.
- Always open pen drive after doing proper scan by your antivirus
- Do not register at all the websites without checking its reliability
- Install and configure firewall, most operating system comes with the inbuilt firewall software.
- Use complex password for your system so that brute force attack can be prevented.
- In windows operating system, use windows defender software.
- Use parental control of the user account in the operating system from never notify to always notify.
- Make your file sharing password protected.
- Do not give remote desktop password to non-reliable user.