Navratri or Navrathri is the longest Hindu Festival of Nine Days has been celebrating in all regions of India. Happy Navratri 2022 comes four times in a year. The most celebrated Navratri which comes in the Hindu month Ashvin i.e. Sharad Navratri and Vasant Navratri (Chaitra Navratri 2022) that comes in the hindu month Chaitra. People celebrate Navratri by doing Durga Puja, Ram-Lila, Singing Garba & Dandiya Raas for Hindu goddess in the different regions of India. 10th Day of Sharad Navratri is known as Dussehra or Vijayalakshmi. The light hindu festival Diwali generally comes after 20 days of Dussehra or Vijayadashami. No of days may be change if this merges.
The Four Happy Navratri 2022
There are four types of Navratri such as Magha Navratri, Ashadha Navratri, Sharad Navratri and Chaitra Navratri. Out of these four types Sharad and chaitra are most celebrated Navratri.
1) Sharad Navratri
- It comes in the half bright moon of the hindu month ashwin i.e. September and October.
- It is also known as post Monsoon Navratri or Gupt Navratri.
- It is most celebrated Navratri.
- The full moon day after dussera is known as sharad Navratri.
2) Ashadha Navratri
- It is also known as Gupta Navratri or Gayatri Navratri.
- It comes in the half bright moon of the hindu month ashadh i.e. June or July.
- Some south regions of india celebrate this.
- Some people also says that this Navratri is for sadhak who perform tantric rituals etc.
3) Magha Navratri
- It is also known as Shishir Navratri or Gupt Navratri.
- It comes in the half bright moon of the hindu month Magha or Maha i.e. January or February.
- It is mostly celebreated in the northen region of india like Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
4) Chaitra Navratri
- It comes in the half bright moon of the hindu month chaitra i.e. March or April.
- First day of Chaitra Navratri is celebrated as Gudi Padwa or Ugadi ( Yugadi ), Ninth day is celebrated as “Ramnavmi”.
- It is very popular in the northern states of India, Maharastra and southern states such as Aandhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
Why do we celebrate Navratri 2022?
There are so many ancient stories associated with this giant long Hindu festival. Out of these stories I am going to discuss two stories: Mahisasur Killing, Killing of Ravana.
1) Mahisasur killing
Mahisasur was a violent daemon. He had a boon that he cannot be killed by a male. He had underestimated the power of female and he created chaos and fearful environment everywhere. To kill him, Maa shakti took form of Maa Durga. She told him that she would marry with him if he defeats her in a battle. This battle took nine days and on the tenth day she killed him. That’s why that day is known as vijayadashami. So we can say this festival describes the power of woman, feminism.
2) Killing of Ravana
The Lord Rama is famous for his honesty and truth. He fasted and prayed to goddess Durga i.e. Shaktidevi for 9 (Nine) days to kill Ravana. He killed ten headed Ravana on tenth day and that is celebrated as Dussehra or Vijayadashami. During this day people prepare statue of ravana and burn it with firecrackers and celebrate the victory of Lord Rama.
In short during these nine days of Navratri Maa Durga available in nine different forms such as:
- Maa Shailaputri
- Maa Bhrahmacharini
- Maa Chandraghanta
- Maa Kushmanda
- Maa Skandamata
- Maa Katyayani
- Maa Kaalratri
- Maa Mahagauri
- Maa Siddhidatri
Who celebrates Navratri 2022?
Navratri celebrated with different formats in different regions:
In south India it is celebrated as GOLU. People do collect different types of idols of gods and goddesses then they properly arrange that idols on the wood or steel cupboard specially made for exhibition to show our culture and heritage.
In east India, it is celebrated as DURGA PUJA, where people celebrate the victory of Maa Durga over a daemon. During this festival if you visit Kolkata or west Bengal, then you will see idols of Maa durga everywhere.
In west India, it is celebrated as GARBA it is also known as Dandiya Raas Festival, where people do folk dance with two decorated sticks i.e. Dandiya, people sing folk song for Hindu goddesses in the streets. The Garba festival is also celebrated in the foreign countries during the month of October.
In north India, it is celebrated as RAMLILA, where people celebrates the victory of lord Rama over ten headed deamon ravan. Some place ram lila also organized by the different groups.
Date Schedules of Navratri 2022
Upcoming Sharad Navtratri 2022 starts from 26th September 2022 and ends on 5th October 2022 i.e. 26/09/2022 to 05/10/2022. Dussehra or Vijayadashami will be on 5th October 2022.
Best 9 Colors of Navratri 2022
Below table shows the Date and Best 9 Colors of Happy Navratri 2022
|Dates in 2022||Forms of Maa Durga||Colors for Navratri|
|26/09/2022||Maa Shailaputri||★ Yellow|
|27/09/2022||Maa Bhrahmacharini||★ Green|
|28/09/2022||Maa Chandraghanta||★ Grey|
|29/09/2022||Maa Kushmanda||★ Orange|
|30/10/2022||Maa Skandamata||★ White|
|01/10/2022||Maa Katyayani||★ Red|
|02/10/2022||Maa Kaalratri||★ Royal Blue|
|03/10/2022||Maa Mahagauri||★ Pink|
|04/10/2022||Maa Siddhidatri||★ Purple|