Pearl gives a personal touch & sparkle that is perfectly unique. If you are new to pearls, many options seem daunting. The pearl necklaces from Paris Jewelry are divided into sizes, colors, types, and grading systems.
In this guide, we’ll discover how to choose the perfect pearl necklace. Consider the following step-by-step guide for choosing the pearl necklace. People seek different styles, and if you are a beginner, you can start with them!
The Types of Pearl Used in Strands:
Let’s break the most basic misconception people have when searching for the perfect pearl necklace. We all look for the strand cultured pearl rather than the natural pearl.
Pearl farming completely replaced the natural pearl design over the centuries. Natural pearls exist, but they might cost you a million.
So, four cultured pearls are currently available in Paris Jewelry: Freshwater pearls, South Sea, Tahitian, and Akoya pearls.
Each of these pearls seems different and magnificently elegant.
Let’s take a look at the pearl types Grading Pearl Necklaces:
The most crucial thing to understand about pearl grading is that no industry-wide recognized standards exist. Every grading system company and pearl production stores use is subjective and different.
It is impossible to compare the grades from one jeweler to another. The GIA is recognized as the world’s best authority on pearls. Different factors take into account comparing the quality and value.
Here we mentioned the seven most important features of GIA which determine the pearl value. Each of the six factors is compared equally and has its characteristics.
- This gives a cultured & natural pearl with unique beauty.
- The reflections of the pearl appear sharp & brighter.
- The reflections are not sharp but bright. It gives a slightly hazy look on the edges.
- The reflections are blurred but weak.
- Here, the reflections are diffused and dim.
- The reflections appear nearly sharp & bright. A pearl having higher luster holds most value than others!
- The larger pearl holds the most valuable and rare value compared to the smaller pearl of the same type.
- The round shape of pearl jewelry is considered the most difficult. This is the rarest culture’s pearl shape which holds the highest value.
There are some exceptions you can also check on.
- The Natural & cultured pearls occur in a broad range of hues. The warm hues are pink, yellow, and orange, whereas the cool hues are divided into green, blue, and violet.
- Pearls have the widest range of tones, from light tones to dark. The pearl’s color should be subtle, soft, and muted. The pearl colors are differentiated into three components.
- The most dominant color of a pearl necklace is the body color. Overtone is one or more translucent color that lies over the body color.
- Most pearls from Paris Jewelry seem to have body color, and only a few are oriented, overtone, or both. In addition, cultural traditions and fashion trends can also influence color preferences.
2. Surface quality:
- Similar to colored stones, most pearls never achieve perfection. Some pearls might show abrasion due to scratches on the surface.
- It has a flattened section, which doesn’t affect the basic shape and irregular ridge. The surface quality can also influence durability. It can affect the pearl’s beauty and value.
3. Nacre quality:
- Luster & nacre quality are closely interconnected to each other. The nacres are thin if the nucleus is visible under the nacre or the pearl looks dull and chalky.
- It affects the luster and durability of the pearl.
- Jewelry designers sometimes deliberately mix colors, sizes, and shapes for unique effects. Ensure the pearl you buy should match the quality factors.
Choosing the ideal pearl size :
- Pearl size is one of the key factors that affect the price. Before you move further, you should know that the most classic and popular versatile pearl necklace comes in a 7 to 8-mm size range.
- This is widely acknowledged whether you are moving out for the occasion or night out parties. You can also choose the age-appropriate pearl size from Paris Jewelry.
- The most basic size of pearl people buy is a 7-8mm pearl necklace. This is the most elegant size and looks great whether you are wearing this at the office, parties, or shopping.
- If you want to look glamorous and have a hefty amount of money to invest, you can choose a pearl size of 8- 9MM. This is the most common size worn by women over 30 years.
So, which size are you going to prefer? Well, all these depend on the wearer’s taste and personality. Creating a luxurious and refined look is the dream of many women.
Contact the trusted online store if you want the best pearl necklace for yourself or anyone else.
Also Read: 4 Essential Makeup Items In Your Bag