As people say Mom is just like a god than I am sure father is not less than that. Their roles and responsibilities may be different, but their love and care for their child are almost the same that’s why we love father’s day and we will celebrate this day.
The father’s day is celebrated to honor father’s and father figures in your family. It is also a celebration of fatherhood, parental bond and the influence of a father in the family. The father’s day celebration is adapted in complementing to Mother’s Day. It is basically celebrated by Catholic Europe since middle age. Now it is adapted by the almost whole world. It is celebrated by giving cards, gifts, attires, dining out and spending quality time with your dear father on this day.
In Europe, it was initially celebrated on March 19th every year. In the United States of America, it was first celebrated on June 19th, 1910 in Spokane by a daughter named Ms. Sonora Dodd, for her father Henry Jackson. Her father single handed brought her up along with other 5 siblings after her mother’s death during childbirth. Then in 1972, it was established permanent by President Richard Nixon. And now it is being adopted by all over the world on the 3rd Sunday of June, even in Europe.
A father is a person who plays many roles in our life. He can be our best friend when we need someone to share something very important in our life or when we need help at that time when no one comes forward. Sometimes when we lose faith in ourselves, dad is a person who trusts us and believes us that we are capable of achieving anything in our life. A father is our best playmate. We play many childhood games with our dad. Our dad is like a coach and tells us the details of every game when we start playing. He teaches us how to catch a ball and hold a bat while playing cricket. He teaches us how to kick a ball while playing football. He is the only person who wants you to do better than him.
When we need a valuable advice, our dad becomes our mentor. He is the appropriate person to give you an experienced advice as he has seen several phases of life. He may go through tough times and came across several ups and downs in his life. He has enough to share with you because he knows the world better than us. He can make a difference between good and bad.
Our father is our teacher and always shows us the right path. He is a person who teaches you the basic etiquettes and moral values of life. He helps you in your studies and in making important decisions in life. A father can be our role model and a leader also. We can get inspiration from our father in various aspects of life. We can learn many things from our father like honesty, Positive attitude, confidence, communication skills, self-determination and many more such things in our life by following our father or father figure’s in our family. You always feels confident and protected when your father is around you. The father always works hard and tries to fulfill all our desires and wishes by providing us good education, good food and clothes even in the scarcity of funds.
Love Father’s Day in such a way that we can make him happy for a while.
Let’s discuss few points how we can bring a smile to our Superhero this father’s day:
- Know the things what makes your father happy.
- If necessary involve other people in your family.
- Plan a small party or an outing with your dad.
- If your dad loves to sleep then let him enjoy his sleep late on Sunday.
- As your dad gets up, wish him happy father’s day with a tight hug.
- Ask him about his plans, what he wants to do today.
- Make the day joyful.
- Spend your quality time with your loving dad.
- You can enjoy memorizing your childhood spent with your dad by watching older photographs.
- You can buy a card for him to say Special thanks to your dad. Or you can make it yourself.
- You can make a cake for him b yourself or think about any other creative gift which your dad would love.
- Try to help him doing his daily chores.
- Try to push him with any of your plans if he is not comfortable with it.
- You can make delicious food or his favorite dish for him.