Over the years, people have resorted to introspection be it psychologically or physiologically. According to conventional norms, physical health issues can also deteriorate our mental health. Therefore, you have to scrutinize yourself from time to time.
It is needless to say that gone are the days when people used to be able to find themselves to a medical institution or hospital to check their health status. Even a remote patient monitoring system was invented a long while ago. The hype this device is gaining now was never seen in history.
However, there are certain codes that would be mandatory for comprehensively using remote patient monitoring devices. Hence, in the article, you will get to know about different CPT codes such as 99453, etc. So without any further ado, let us look into the topic.
What is RPM?
RPM is a short form for the remote patient monitoring device. It is mainly used in hospitals and other health institutions. The function of an RPM is checking the health of the patient by scrutinizing his/ her blood test, body weight, blood pressure, respiratory flow, etc.
Over time, RPM has started to become more of a domestic device, which is positive news. As people are aware about their personal health and are willing to maintain their health records accordingly.
What are the Payment Criteria of Remote Patient Monitoring Devices?
The remote patient monitoring device has its payment criteria without which you can’t really proceed. Let us try to comprehend it articulately. Try to understand the given points below and you will eventually know the actual process.
- Before jumping into the direct payment process. You need to know the crooks element. Every check-up made through a remote patient monitoring device is categorized in different CPT codes. You can assume the example of code 99458. This code is specially designed for health professionals who are assigned the job of examining patients with the help of remote patient monitoring devices.
- According to the code, every health professional must communicate with his or her patient at a certain interval of time. It will be beneficial both for the patient and the doctor. As the patient can discuss their doubts regarding remote patient monitoring devices as well as their personal health.
- Since every code carries different values and treatment examinations. The pay rate for every CPT code would range differently. For example, the price range of treatment that comes under the CPT code 99457 would differ from the remote patient monitoring system examination which comes under the CPT code 99454.
What are the Functions of Different CPT Codes?
In this subsection, you will get to know about the functions of different CPT codes – namely, 99453, 99454, 99457 and 99458.
- 99453: This CPT code checks the knowledge of the patient regarding the remote patient monitoring system equipment. It checks if the person is eligible enough to use the RPM device on their own.
- 99454: The CPT code confines checking the health status of a person by conducting various tests through RPM devices.
- 99457: According to this CPT code, every health professional who is assigned the task of remote patient monitoring needs to attend a meeting and discuss their work.
- 99458: Read the above part to know about its reference.
Also Read: CMS Guidance for Remote Patient Monitoring CPT Code 2021
Do not preach the CPT codes and strictly adhere to the CMS guidelines. CPT codes are a secure and signed process of remote patient monitoring systems. Thus, you will face no problem if you stick to it.