While citizens of the 45 eVisitor or ETA-eligible countries can complete the online Australia visa application for short tourism or business visits, all other passport holders can apply for a visitor visa for Australia for the same objectives, as well as for longer stays.
The Australian Visitor Visa has replaced the now-defunct Australia tourist visa. It may be applied for online through the Australia Immigration Department by all nationals except those from Somalia, who must apply in person.
Within subclass 600, there are many visiting visa classes based on the stay’s purpose and the applicant’s nationality. The Australia visitor visa can be issued for a stay of 3, 6, or 12 months for single or multiple entries, as approved by Australian Immigration officials on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Visitor Visa
The prerequisites for an Australian Visitor Visa are as follows:
- You must have enough money to maintain yourself.
- You must demonstrate your desire to return to your own country.
- The reason for the visit must be displayed.
- You must demonstrate that you are in excellent health.
- You must demonstrate your decent character.
- You must provide documentation that you have no criminal history.
- You must not owe any money to the Australian government.
- You must not accept or seek employment.
- This visa does not allow you to study.
- It would help if you abode by the country’s laws
Documentation for Australian Visitor Visa
The following papers are necessary to get an Australian Visitor Visa:
- Valid passport
- Old passports (if any)
- Recent photographs (as per the requirements)
- Completed visa application form (Form 1419)
- Documents showing your purpose for visit
- Proof of funds
- Bank statements (past six months)
- Income tax returns (past three years)
- Property investments (if any)
- Fixed deposits (if any)
- Medical test results
- X-ray examinations
- Personal cover letter
- Travel Insurance
- Proofs of Accommodation
Steps to Follow for Australian Visitor Visa
- Crete, an Online account
The first step in applying for an Australian visa is to create an individual online account at the Australian Department of Home Affairs official website (ImmiAccount). You may establish an account for free by entering your personal information, creating a password, and confirming your account by email.
The online service allows you to manage your application, attach documents, and track the visa screening process.
If the applicant is, opening an organizational account is also available.
- A migration consultant (registered)
- From a corporation
- From a sponsored organization
- Visa Type Selection
There are numerous sorts of Australian visas available. These will mostly depend on the purpose of your travel; you can apply for a tourist visa, a student visa, a work visa, and so on.
- Fill Australian Visa Form
There is a distinct application form for each type of visa. After you’ve decided on a visa type, you may proceed to fill out the form. You must fill out the form with your personal information, why you want to visit Australia, how long you want to stay, and so on.
- Attach required documents
This is how you attach papers to the online application:
- Select the “attach a document” option
- Choose who you want to attach the paper to
- Choose the reason for attaching this document
- Choose the document type
- Give the file a name
- Choose attach
There is a separate area for adding images; pick the option “attach a passport photo” when you wish to submit photos.
The papers necessary for an Australian visa vary depending on the kind of visa, but the typical criteria include a passport, identification photos, travel insurance, financial statements, and so on. Check that your papers are scanned color copies.
- Pay the Application Fee
- Submit the Application